Saturday, May 22, 2010

Welcome To Our Life!

So I've noticed how many young married couples have started blogs as a way to share their lives with family and friends and to document these precious "newlywed years," and I intended to start one of our own shortly after our wedding on August 29. But since David and I hit a major milestone this week and purchased our first home, I felt like I HAD to get started now to be sure that we would never forget this exciting phase of life! Without further adieu, allow me to introduce you to our little family...




I'm Mackenzie. I'm 22, and I grew up in Franklin, TN, an adorable little historic suburb of Nashville. I was in St. Louis, MO for four years to complete my undergrad degree in Psychology at Washington University, where I was blessed to make some fabulous lifelong friends and learn so much about myself. I got engaged to David, my high school sweetheart, on March 9, 2009, and after graduation, we moved to Houston, his hometown, to start graduate school. However, after some serious changes of heart on both our parts, we've purchased a home in Franklin, TN and are moving there next weekend! I'll be starting my Master's degree in Human Development Counseling at Vanderbilt in August, which I am SO excited about. I love yoga, cooking every chance I get, gardening (especially with my mom), shopping, interior decorating, music, reading, and writing (thus the blog!).

This is David, my wonderful fiance. He's 23 and originally from Houston, TX. We met while participating in a ten day summer program in Boston the summer after our junior year in high school and have been together ever since! He proposed on March 9, 2009, just a few months before our fifth anniversary. David is one of the gentlest, kindest, funniest, most caring people you'll ever meet, and life with him is such a wonderful adventure! He got his Bachelor's in Chemistry from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Albany, NY, and he plans to work for an industrial chemical company in Nashville. David loves ALL animals, science, travel, movies, cooking, and sailing.

This is Alexandra Claire, better known as Allie or Allie Cat or Allielicious. She was my first baby. I adopted her from the PetSmart in Franklin, TN my junior year of college, and she made the six hour car trip to St. Louis to move into my first apartment with me. Allie was about 18 months old when I adopted her and is now three and a half! She is extremely independent, even putting herself to bed in her cat bed every night. She also can't meow, but just squeaks--so girly and cute! She's gained just a liiiiittttle weight while living the "good life" since this picture was taken, but she's every bit as adorable. David and I call her "empathy kitty" because she always knows when one of us is upset and comes right to us in an attempt to comfort us. When she and I lived alone in good old Brentwood Forest as two single ladies, she'd wait between the blinds and my patio door for me to come home each afternoon, and she'd start squeaking and run to the front door as soon as she saw my car pull up! We love her so much.

Next is Tom, better known as Tom Tom. David and I adopted him from the SPCA in St. Louis in August 2008, when David was living in St. Louis with me for the summer and doing an internship at the St. Louis Science Center. Tom is our oldest furbaby, at seven years old, and he loves to talk, eat Weight Watchers strawberry banana yogurt, be held like a baby, and play with his brother Yin Yang. Tom is bonded to David in the same way that Allie favors me, so it works that we each have "our cat!" He was our first joint baby and will always have a special place in our hearts.Last but certainly not least is Yin Yang, an eighteen month old male tuxedo cat who was the apartment complex stray that we rescued in January 2010. He's grown quite a bit since moving in with us and now weighs a hefty 14.5 pounds! Yin Yang, or "Yin," loves talking and will even "answer" us when asked yes or no questions. He also enjoys wrestling with Tom Tom, chasing him, and washing his head while wrapping his paws around Tom's neck (too adorable for words). He is the most impartial of our three furbabies and is attached to both David and me. Yin Yang does a great job of rounding out our little family!

I hope you've enjoyed the introductions. I'll follow-up with a post soon involving another important introduction: an introduction to our first house! We are WAY too excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment